Welcome back to our 2021 Christmas in July! If you missed yesterday’s kick-off of the event, be sure to catch up here (and enter into this year’s raffle for $1,000 towards a new office wardrobe!)
Here’s a quick reminder of what we’ll be doing over the next two weeks: As an extension of our annual 12 Days of Giving program in December, Acorio brings you 10 days of content during our annual Christmas in July series. This year we’re giving away new client success stories, RFP templates, business case pitch decks, and more!
Today’s blog falls into that “and more!” category – we’re giving you a list of 42 ServiceNow statistics from our 2021 ServiceNow Insight and Vision Report. Why? Well to start, because we think they are incredibly interesting, but also because they can be great talking points for you to discuss with your ServiceNow partner, or the perfect addition to any upcoming pitch presentation.
Want the full scoop? Get the full report here, which contains these stats with many other charts and insights on the future of digital transformation and ServiceNow.
The Big List: 42 Stats from Acorio’s 2021 ServiceNow Insight and Vision Report
- 79 percent of organizations have a Digital Transformation initiative and 65 percent have a Service Management initiative.
- Of those with a Digital Transformation initiative, 56 percent of businesses noted that their digital transformation initiative was started or increased in importance because of COVID-19.
- When it comes to industries, Financial Services came in at the top for having Digital Transformation initiatives, 89 percent in 2021.
- Healthcare organizations were also above the average with 81 percent citing that they currently have Digital Transformation initiatives in place.
- Near the bottom of the spectrum, Education organizations cited Digital Transformation as a current business initiative only 69 percent of the time.
- AI, Machine Learning, and Automation was the third most common business initiative, with 60 percent of organizations citing it in 2021.
- Nearly 6 percent of companies in 2021 say they are done with their initial AI and Machine Learning initiative, compared to 1 percent in 2019.
- 46 percent of the largest companies surveyed (those with 10,000+ full- time employees) reported having ‘just started’ on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) initiatives. Only 21 percent of the same group reported the same stage in 2021.
- The percent of organizations with mature or almost complete employee satisfaction or employee experience initiatives rose from 19 percent in 2020 to 23 percent in 2021.
- 21 percent of organizations cited COVID-19 as the reason behind employee satisfaction and experience initiative acceleration.
- In 2020, 9 percent of organizations began a new customer experience initiative.
- 18 percent of organizations cited COVID-19 as the reason behind the acceleration of customer satisfaction and experience initiatives.
- Nearly 40 percent of respondents listed Return to Work as a newly important priority for this year.
- 76 percent of ServiceNow users confirmed that they use a strategic roadmap and/ or governance process.
- 5 percent of ServiceNow users didn’t know if they had a strategic roadmap in 2021, compared to 20 percent in 2020.
- Of those with a strategic roadmap, 54 percent said their roadmap had changed in the past year.
- 67 percent of Manufacturing organizations saw their ServiceNow roadmap change in 2021.
- 63 percent of Financial Services organizations saw their ServiceNow roadmap change in 2021.
- 52 percent of Healthcare organizations saw their ServiceNow roadmap change in 2021.
- 40 percent of Insurance organizations saw their ServiceNow roadmap change in 2021.
- On average, respondents said that COVID-19 slightly accelerated their ServiceNow roadmaps.
The ServiceNow Platform
- 84 percent of ServiceNow users say their organization is using the IT Service Management (ITSM) product.
- 53 percent say they are using ServiceNow’s IT Operations Management (ITOM) product.
- In 2021, 23 percent of organizations said they are using 5 or more ServiceNow products.
- 63 percent of organizations are using 3 ore more products in 2021, compared to 54 percent in 2020 and 27 percent in 2019.
- 76 percent of organizations track time to resolve an incident or request as a KPI of their ServiceNow platform.
- Operational Efficiency and Downtime Reduction are both top KPI’s when it comes to ServiceNow, being used 47 percent and 44 percent, respectively.
- ESAT is tracked as a ServiceNow KPI 13 percent of the time, compared to CSAT at 19 percent.
- 65 percent of organizations saw more efficient workflows as the top result of their ServiceNow platform.
- The second most common ServiceNow platform result was increased automation, at 55 percent in 2021 and 50 percent in 2020.
- Cost Savings rose as a ServiceNow platform result from 12 percent in 2020 to 14 percent in 2021.
- 57 percent of Healthcare organizations cited reduced time to address an incident as a top result of implementing the ServiceNow platform.
- 38 percent of organizations are seeing 3 or more ServiceNow challenges, compared to 20 percent who are seeing only one challenge.
- Cost of Technology and Implementation was the top ServiceNow challenge for the second year in a row, at 49 percent this year and 45 percent in 2020.
- Lack of Experienced Resources dropped as a challenge area, from 41 percent in 2020 to 29 percent in 2021.
- 17 percent said that roadmap delays due to COVID-19 was a top challenge for them.
- Overall, top challenges included over-customization (13 percent), organizational change (19 percent), integrating technology (20 percent) and roadmap growth (23 percent).
- Digital Transformation rose to be the top future topic of interest, at 62 percent. It beat out Artificial Intelligence (60 percent), which was the most popular future topic in 2020.
- 51 percent of individuals are interested in Customer Experience as a future topic.
- Shared Services broke into the top five future topics, with 37 percent interest in 2021.
- Internet of Things (IoT) saw the biggest loss of interest when it comes to future trends, dropping from 33 percent in 2020 to 12 percent in 2021.
- 37 percent are interested in Return to Work strategies as a future topic.
Haven’t had enough? Well you’re in luck, there is a lot more where that came from, just check out our complete 2021 ServiceNow Insight and Vision eBook.