All business travel is halted through September 1. As the country begins re-opening, we will consider business travel requests on a case-by-case basis. Business travel must be deemed essential and will require an approval process. Travel will not be permitted to areas considered “hot spots”. Acorio uses up-to-date data from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to evaluate current exposure risk.
The business travel halt includes all new employee onboarding, Acorio Academy, and Acorio Bootcamp workshops which we will now deliver virtually. We also are encouraging employees to reconsider personal travel and discouraging travel outside of the US at this time. We believe this is a critical motion in order to protect our clients, community, and employees from viral exposure. We will reassess in August for future travel decisions.
Acorio is a “remote first” organization fully adept at running our business virtually. Therefore, it will be business as usual for us leveraging Slack and Zoom to collaborate with clients and each other.
Our Chicago office has been reopened following all local guidelines and we will be reopening our Boston office for a small percentage of employees, effective July 27th, 2020. Our Spain office remains closed at this time.
We are well equipped to run client workshops remotely and have a number of proven methods for successful remote engagement and collaboration we are happy to share with our clients.
Keeping critical business operations up and running for our clients is paramount. Acorio maintains a Business Continuity plan that focuses both on preventing outages as well as rapid recovery strategies. As an added measure we are providing personal VPN solutions to all employees.
Additionally, we understand that many of our clients in IT, HR, Customer Support, Finance are now adding responsibilities to provide critical operational support for their organizations. We have expanded our managed support offerings and added team members to our Virtual Assistance Groups to support our customers during these critical and changing times.
Customer Support for ServiceNow’s New Emergency Apps, Employee Experience Pack, and Safe Workplace Apps
ServiceNow has recently launched Four New Emergency Apps to support emergency relief efforts. If you would like our assistance in setting up any of the free apps for your organization, Acorio will do so at no charge.
- Emergency Response Operations. Initially created by the Washington State Department of Health, this ServiceNow app supports emergency response and preparedness at the state and local government levels, as well as for enterprises. It helps optimize resources and staff in critical locations. The Emergency Response Operations app will always be free of charge.
- Emergency Outreach, Emergency Self Report and Emergency Exposure Management. These three free apps are designed to help you and your employees stay connected, up-to-date, and effective during this time of crisis management. The Emergency Outreach workflow uses the Now Platform to connect with employees and assess the impact of an emergency. It allows employees to reach out by email and access safety information or to questions from their employers.
- Employee Experience Pack. Offers a Solution Playbook as a point of view on considerations for implementing a Return to Workplace use case as well as a collection of pre-configured artifacts in an update set that can be adapted to; Keep your task force organized while planning the Return to Workplace strategy; Understand the needs of employees and tailor their transition experience accordingly; Coordinate cross-departmental efforts to track the readiness to reopen a location; Automate the employee workflows and communication during this transition; Enable self-help through employees’ channel of choice.
- Safe Workplace Apps. This new suite includes 4 new apps plus a dashboard:
- Employee Readiness Surveys
- Employee Health Screening
- Workplace PPE Inventory Management
- Workplace Safety Management
- Safe Workplace Dashboard
As is our custom, we are sharing information with our entire employee population in a rapid and transparent fashion. We have set up a Coronavirus taskforce that meets weekly to align on developments. We have created a “Coronavirus Central” knowledge base on our ServiceNow instance where information from the taskforce meetings is shared in real time with employees. We are holding weekly all-company “Open Mic” meetings where employees can ask our CEO anything, and we are hosting weekly all-company virtual gatherings to ensure employees continue to feel a sense of community and hope.
This remains a complicated situation that reminds us that we are all part of one planet and must look out for one another. This is what Acorio will continue to do. We hope this information is helpful in understanding how Acorio is responding to coronavirus.