Over the past year, ServiceNow has commissioned multiple reports from Forrester Consulting to examine the potential ROI from each of the different ServiceNow modules; HR Service Management (now Service Delivery), Customer Service Management, IT Service Management, Security Operations and even the ROI from developing Business Applications on the ServiceNow platform.
Each Total Economic ImpactTM (TEI) study reviews customer stories, interviews about experiences before and after implementing ServiceNow, as well as hard data and projected values for ServiceNow in the future.
Let’s take a look at some of the top findings, and then explore below to learn about where the numbers came from, and how to download the full reports.
HR Service Management (HRSM)
For this TEI study, Forrester Consulting interviewed a US healthcare organization to better understand the benefits, costs, and risks associated with ServiceNow including; reducing HR operating costs, increasing efficiency, and improving the employee service experience. The organization had been using ServiceNow for two years, with $4billion in revenue.
- The ServiceNow functionality increased the HR capacity by $3.9 million in the first year and increased case management for employee benefits, workforce administration, learning and development, payroll, and more.
- A decrease in costs for HR compliance and audits.
- Ability to spend HR time on higher-value strategic issues such as employee retention and workforce planning.
Customer Service Management (CSM)
Epicor Software Corporation, the worlds sixth largest ERP software provider was interviewed by Forrester Consulting on their experience using ServiceNow’s Customer Service Management. They used Epicor’s data to look at how ServiceNow delivers a seamless Customer Service experience to its users while striving to improve Customer Satisfaction and drive down operating costs.
- Epicor saw their Net Promoter Score increase by over 10% in the first 10 months of their ServiceNow implementation. The new ability to anticipate customer service requirements, as well as preemptively solve problems before they become customer cases, has reduced resolve time and improved customer retention.
- With new asset-level information available to all customers (worldwide), customers have greater visibility into what they might need to improve and grow their operations, resulting in incremental revenue for Epicor from new upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Capex and Opex savings from consolidating over 15 CRM-based support systems and over 50 customer portals onto the single ServiceNow platform.
Download the full TEI study to discover more of the benefits that Epicor experienced with their ServiceNow implementation as well as a cost analysis done by Forrester Consulting.
IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT Operations Management (ITOM)
What did they have in common? Prior to transitioning to ServiceNow, all seven of the customers used alternative on-premises ITSM and ITOM solutions that were “too cumbersome because they required significant customization, maintenance, and upgrades that were time-consuming and expensive.”
- The interviewed organizations reduced IT work by 66% for their monthly volume of service and incident requests and increased the overall team capacity by 20%.
- ServiceNow automation saved millions through increased efficiency and eliminating human touch points on common requests and interactions.
- By reducing hours of waste from the service and incident request process, end-user productivity and satisfaction increased resulting in savings of over $1 million.
Security Operations (SecOps)
“ServiceNow allows us to be much more strategic about how we manage our security environment. We have reduced the time to assess the severity of issues and significantly improved our security response times.”
– VP of Information Security at Global Financial Services firm.
- By having a composite organization, the companies increased the efficiency at which they managed security incidents.
- With the new dashboards and real-time reporting and visibility, all levels of the organization can track the status of its security and risk profile at any time.
- Increased communication and coordination between IT teams and SecOps teams on the single ServiceNow platform.
Read more key results and numbers by downloading the full Forrester Consulting TEI study here.
Developing Business Applications with the Now Platform
Because ServiceNow provides a cloud-based development platform, with low-code demands, it helps customers accelerate application development aiding the overall goal of driving business transformation…and ROI. Forrester Consulting researched this by interviewing several customers and conducting a global survey about ServiceNow’s platform-as-a-service (PaaS).
- Low-code development allows junior level team members to develop which frees senior team members to develop additional value-add complex projects that require native code.
- Cloud-based platform eliminates on-premise solutions and up-keep.
- Accelerated development efforts, by over six months, even for complex projects that required multiple APIs or LoBs.
Of course, the benefits don’t end here. Download the full Forrester Consulting study to analyze the costs of ServiceNow against the projected three-year returns.
Editors note: Each of the Forrester Consulting studies was commissioned by ServiceNow. Forrester makes no assumptions as to the potential ROI that other organizations will receive. Forrester strongly advises that readers use their own estimates within the framework provided in the report to determine the appropriateness of an investment in ServiceNow. While ServiceNow reviewed and provided feedback to Forrester, Forrester maintains editorial control over the study and its findings and does not accept changes to the study that contradict Forrester’s findings or obscure the meaning of the study. ServiceNow provided the customer names for the interviews but did not participate in the interviews.