This year has not been an easy one. Disruptive forces have made it impossible not to transform, and through those transformations, we’ve all had to find better, more efficient ways of doing things. Thankfully, after months and months of shutdowns and quarantines, we now have the opportunity to take steps toward a healthier tomorrow and apply our lessons in transformation to the next phase in our global health recovery.
While vaccine management in a typical year is business as usual, vaccine management for COVID-19 is not. Governments, provider organizations, and pharmaceutical companies already support vaccine management but they have not previously had to support multi-dose vaccinations for every individual, while managing limited supplies, and a rolling schedule of prioritized populations based on risk. It requires seamless execution across many organizations, and that execution needs to be fast, scalable, and carefully documented.
Coordinating distribution, preparing providers, engaging patients and citizens, protecting the workforce, and proactively anticipating changes and bumps along the way will be no easy task. To deliver this seamless vaccine management and execution under compressed timelines requires organizations to:
- Automate as much as possible—manual processes are slow, prone to error, and will overwhelm staff
- Create visibility to continually optimize processes
- Adhere to standards, safety protocols, and regulations
- Deliver new levels of collaboration and communication amongst diverse stakeholders
- Provide visibility into how funds are being used to drive the greatest benefit for patients, and that there is transparency in the process
- Address issues immediately, if they arise, and track them to identify trends for proactive management
ServiceNow’s Solution for Vaccine Administration Management
Mapped to the CDC’s COVID-19 playbook, ServiceNow’s Vaccine Administration Management and Command Center provide visibility to the process and serve to streamline the new workflows created by the distribution of vaccines from start to finish, helping deploy supplies, people, and critical information.
Vaccine Administration Management accelerates the immunization process by delivering out-of-box content to manage vaccinations, built on ServiceNow’s CSM. Vaccine recipients can visit a self-service portal to gather information, use the knowledge base or Virtual Agent to address common questions, and self-schedule their appointment after responding to an eligibility questionnaire. Administrators can manage appointments for eligible recipients, set up and send pre-appointment reminders and schedule appointments for groups of eligible recipients. Clinicians can verify recipient information and their questionnaire responses, and record completed vaccinations and no-shows.
ServiceNow’s digital workflows connect an organizations’ existing technology infrastructure and provide a dashboard to orchestrate the critical elements of the vaccine management process including:
- Distributing vaccines: Track vaccine delivery, manage inventory and monitor stock levels to support population prioritization.
- Administering vaccines: Schedule vaccine administrators and support staff, track personal protective equipment (PPE), monitor no-shows, and capture feedback. People can communicate with their vaccine provider on the channel of their choice.
- Monitoring vaccine outcomes: Monitor recipient safety, report adverse events and support a safe return to workplace efforts and ongoing public health monitoring.
Vaccine Administration Management is part of ServiceNow’s broader effort to support customers and organizations as they continue to respond to the COVID-19. Other solutions include the previously existing Vaccination Status and Health Testing in the Safe Workplace suite (which came out at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic) and the Emergency Response Apps. These solutions received enhancements in the recent Rome launch including; support for vaccine booster shots, vaccination status consent, and support for vaccine exemptions.
Are you ready to start your vaccine management journey and help us all reach a healthier tomorrow? Let’s discuss how we can help.